Chaired by Hon. Dometilo B. Acenas, Jr. (City Councilor)
Date : August 26, 2012
Time : 7:30 a.m.
Showdown : Don Gregorio Pelaez Sports Center
Street Parade : Rodelsa Circle to Sports Center
Synopsis: A presentation of Cagayan de Oro City’s history and culture performed in major streets and a final showdown among competing delegations.
Rules and Guidelines:
- The Kagay-an Dance Festival Competition is open to all barangays of Cagayan de Oro City.
- The minimum number of participants is 75 dancers/performers, excluding instrumentalists, musicians, and props man whose number shall not exceed the number of performers.
- Participants must be at least 9 years old. However, inclusion of toddlers/small children may be allowed if it is absolutely necessary to realistically depict appropriate casting in its storyline.
- There are two phases of the competition namely the Street Parade and the Showdown. The contingents
will start with a street parade, converging at 6:30 a.m. and start at 7:30 a.m. parading through major streets and ending at the venue.
- Along the parade route, there will be three judges’ station where contingents can perform for a maximum of five (5) but not less than three (3) minutes, including entrance and exit.
- In the final showdown competition, the minimum time limit of each contingent is ten (10) minutes while the maximum time allowed is fifteen (15) minutes.
- Deadline for the submission of storyline is on August 1, 2012.
- The Final Briefing will be on August 15, 2012, 3:00 p.m. at the City Council Session Hall.
PRIZES AT STAKE:
Grand Prize: 200,000.00 Plus project worth 500,000.00
First Runner-Up : 150,000.00 & Trophy
2nd Runner-Up: 100,000.00 & Trophy
Consolation Prizes of P15,000.00 each for all non-winning entries with Certificates.